2011-08-17

The best sandwiches ever!


Last night my partner and I made vegan tuna melts.  There have been so many meat substitutes/”delicious” vegan meals that we’ve hated that I think we we both skeptical about how these would turn out but these were the BEST SANDWICHES EVER.
I don’t say that lightly either, but we both sat down to eat them and were baffled by how good they were.
I mean honestly, we couldn’t stop talking about how great the sandwiches were.  They were really great, then they were fucking great, then they were really fucking great.  We settled on that they were so good I would have their babies, and he would raise them as his own.  I’d have gotten pictures if they weren’t already all gone. 
Anyhow, there are a few sites that have the recipe we used but we didn’t have all of the ingredients, so we ad-libbed a bit of it.  
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 2 Green onions
  • 15oz drained rinsed chickpeas
  • 1/2tsp garlic powder
  • 2 1/2tsp Nutritional yeast
  • 2 tbsp vegan mayo (we used veganaise, its the only kind that's really close to regular mayo)
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
Mash chickpeas, mince celery and green onions, combine rest of the ingredients and consume.
All of the other versions of this recipe I’ve seen say to shred the celery and that is bullshit.  It ends up looking like seaweed and it doesn’t break apart, its not worth the effort.  Its really good on toasted whole wheat bread with cucumber slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment