2011-07-27

home injections

This week is my 5th week of doing methotrexate injections at home. For a long time I avoided doing them at home just out of fear.


Home tattoos aren't a problem
Home piercings aren't a problem
Getting blood taken is not an issue
Doing piercings professionally isn't a problem


I can't seem to do the injections.  It stopped being an option for me to go to a clinic and get them done after I moved because the closest one is a 50+ minute walk away or an uphill bike ride.  Over time the pills quit bothering me, I'm sure I'll get used to the IV treatments.  I've just accepted the constant aches and stiffness and lack of mobility as part of my life.  My cane isn't the huge embarrassment it used to be but the fact all of this stress is constant and unwavering just wears you down.
  I've tried to make things more comfortable, I try to relax and get things done quickly.  There's always something I've got ready to go do as soon as I'm done, like a meal or a film or I'll have TF2 loading as a distraction.  If there's a way to make doing these easier, I don't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment